Now I see Birks everywhere, mainly on young "fashionistas" who wear them in an almost ironic fashion, like they know they are (somewhat) seen as the iconic unattractive shoe, but because they're wearing them with silk blouses and carrying their ChloƩ bags it cancels out their higher tastes.
I don't know, as someone who grew up with reformed hippie grandparents who put Birks and Teva on our feet faithfully, and the fact that I was teased for wearing them in junior high and high school, it's confusing because I don't understand this obsession with incorporating tragically 'norm core' pieces---it's just strange lol.
The thing with Birkenstocks is if you truly like them and not just because they are popular, you have to be unapolegetic when wearing them. I guess only time will tell if those who rushed to get a pair this season will keep them around until next year.
The styling of the sophisticated & sleek silk black slip with the hat and Birks works, in a way only a ridiculously chic woman could pull off-- yet I think this look is super inspirational to anyone wanting to attempt the trend. She looks unbothered and gorgeous, total date night.
The thing about MK and Ash is that they can literally wear anything and totally be trendy& unbothered, so seeing them in Birks is no big surprise. Julianne is a goddess, so pffft! Heidi most likely grew up in Birks--German beauty in Germany's crowning achievement.
Teva's are like Birkenstocks wholly uncool cousin, but I don't care I love those Metallic polka dot shoes and they have been sitting in my cart waiting for Summer and my upcoming trip to Santa Fe is the perfect time to bust those babies out.
*photos courtesy of honestlywtf.com






No comments:
Post a Comment