Monday, June 2, 2014

Stirred, NOT shaken please!

Last Wednesday turned into an impromptu date night, mainly because I got off early and time to curl my hair, find a cute dress and use the new lipstick Michael bought me. I think he was so taken aback and excited that he wanted to take advantage of my good mood. I have been really stressed out all Winter and it carried over into the Spring. I am trying to get back into the "Look Good, Feel Good" mindset with hopes that my mood will improve over time because my boyfriend misses my carefree, happy girlies! It takes time, but it's coming back!

Anywhoo--- We went to Elliot's Martini Bar and it was super cute and very quiet, which normally isn't what people look for in a bar, but Michael and I are little homebodies and like low-key settings, the more intimate the better!


I like the configuration of the bar, it's really open when it's near empty and you can get a great view of the overhead projector which plays movies. Edward Scissorhands was playing much to my delight because it's such a good one!



Their menu is really, really extensive as they are a true martini bar and have so many different combinations, possibly more than the average person can come up with! The only martini's that I have had were a "Mango Madness Martini" that a friend ordered me on my 21st birthday & the ridiculously strong "Maker's Mark Martini"that Michael ordered me a few birthdays ago. They were my favorite drinks, but I was excited to have so many options to choose from and find a drink that suited my taste buds! After scouring the four page menu I decided on the "Bad Bitch" mixed drink-- mainly due to the name, but the ingredients seemed the yummiest! Spiced rum, Malibu run, peach schnapps, orange juice, pineapple juice, and creme de cassis (which I have no idea of what it is, but tasted good I guess???). Michael ordered the "Winnie the Pooh is Drunk", I can't quite remember what was in it, but it was strong and had a sweet, honeyed after taste--which may have inspired the name :)

We also snacked on spinach dip and french bread pieces because when spinach dip is on the menu you never NOT order spinach dip! It was a nice night out and I ended up having two Bad Bitches, while contemplating a third. Ultimately we left it at two and walked home. We'll definitely go back because there were so many other delicious drinks on the menu.


No comments:

Post a Comment