wanderlust: \ˈwän-dər-ˌləst\
1. a strong desire to travel
2. a strong longing or impulse towards wandering
Growing up my family did not take a lot of trips, it's probably the one thing that I would definitely change about my childhood. It's such a small thing, no one's fault really. My mom kept us active and involved with sports and worked two-three jobs to support us, so there wasn't a whole lot of time designated for leaving the country on lavish vacations. We did however take many weekend trips throughout California, Nevada and Arizona for our sporting events, sometimes staying an extra day before or after to relax, which was always so fun.
As an adult I have done some light traveling throughout the States, on my own and with friends, but I am trying to plan a trip for myself to somewhere I have never been before and just taking it from there. I am not a spontaneous person and in my mind it doesn't make sense to plan a trip to nowhere without having everything planned to the letter, but I need to get rid of those qualms, at least once. There are so many places I want to go, so that is the difficult part, narrowing it down.





No comments:
Post a Comment