Thursday, May 8, 2014

Ulla La La Johnson

I was doing my usual morning internet crawl when I came upon the website for a Mississippi based boutique called Blithe and Vine, while searching for an apothecary line called Blithe and Bonny. Although I did find B & B with no trouble, my curiosity bested me I went back and checked out the Blithe and Vine site-- mainly because I think the name is so cute! While the didn't have anything that could be purchased online, the site did feature their "look book" of items currently found in the store which leads me to my next discovery: ULLA JOHNSON! My gosh, how have I gone on this long without knowing about her beautiful clothing? The Manhattan based line has everything I love. Flowing silhouettes, long draped blouses, billowing sleeves, lush textured fabrics. If I could I would stock my closet with the following looks from the Fall 2014 look book.


    


I'm in this phase where I love all white. Or maybe white-cream tones paired with light grays, marled cement, and parchment looking tones. I haven't actually worn them myself, though I do wear lots of gray--- just haven't found the right pieces to incorporate those whites into my own wardrobe yet :(


So obsessed with how casual, yet elegant these two looks are! This is what I think of when someone says the phrase "Wake Up and Go!" I mean you could literally toss the gray and white silk dress on, pull your hair into a top-knot, and look totally together! How even?


Black is just the ultimate staple color for me. My friends would contest, but I actually wear a fair amount of black on any given day and my closet has a sizable section dedicated to solely black. It's just so easy and there is so much versatility. Pair that with any type of peasanty, slouchy situation and I am all about it.


These last two look are a bit over the top for me, but in an amazingly fun way. I love the combination of the fur clutch and oval brim hat, paired with the straightforwardness of the jumpsuit and the sexiness of the pointed heel. It's all so much, but everything piled on together really works and gives the impression that this girl doesn't take herself to seriously, she makes those luxe pieces wearable! And that awesome faux-camo jumpsuit just screams party time. I just want to be this girl's friend and borrow from her closet because with amazing outfits like this you couldn't possibly keep it all to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment