Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Summertime Madness

I'm a total nut when it comes to Summer time. As soon as the sun starts a steady rhythm I retire all my long sleeves, pants and anything that restricts my shoulders from getting some warmth. After twenty or so years, it's become a second instinct for me! My next instinct would be to start the eternal search for the "perfect bathing suit". Through the years I have discovered that there is no coveted perfect suit, it only exists in our minds--which isn't' necessarily a bad thing! Confidence is definitely the key to feeling beautiful in your swimwear and honestly what could be more perfect than confidence and a smile? But that doesn't stop me from scouring the inter webs for something with the right amount of coverage, adorableness, and enough sustainability to last me until next Summer.

I (like many women) spend the winter months getting in shape for the Summer months... well attempting to at least. I am usually successful enough to wear a two-piece, but for the past two Summers I have worn super cute one pieces. I like the coverage and the fact that I don't have to worry about my top slipping or my bottoms riding up my bum. Considering that I have gained about seven pounds this winter, most of which has settled into my thighs, bum and boobs (somewhat luckily???), I will definitely rock a one-piece while I get used to this new body. It can be so hard to find a one-piece that isn't super plain or stuck in that 1940's, pin up era style. While I think it is obviously cute, that style doesn't work the best for my short, somewhat athletic body type.



1,2,3 Mara Hoffman Spring Collection 2014

I am a big fan of vibrant color & intricate print when it comes to swim wear because WHY NOT??? Since being introduced to Mara Hoffman's brand, I have long admired her designs for their flair, such intoxicating symmetry happening! I love the cohesion of color and print, plus her more is more approach works indefinitely.


1. Zimmerman Swimwear Spring 2014
2. Zimmerman Swimwear via Madewell 2014

These two suits are on the plainer side of things, considering that floral print is pretty standard for swim designs, but I do love the interest shapes these create. My bust is still relatively small, so strapless bandeau designs work for me and the addition of the bow (left side) is adorable and playful. The plunging neckline of the floral one (right side) really adds some sex appeal to the design. I already have a floral print, plunging neckline suit (with straps!) so maybe that's why I like this one.


1. Mara Hoffman Spring Collection 2014
2. RVCA Spring 2014
3. RVCA Spring 2014

I'm the girl who finds every excuse to wear a romper, I can't help myself! I'm pretty small and I am not a fan of how my legs look in shorts, but for some reason short rompers work for me. It's just so freaking cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment